Human Resource Policies
Get the Most Value Out of Your Human Resource Policies
Human resource policies your company creates is vital to the organisation and productivity of your business. At Neville Farrelly Employment Solutions, we can assist you in reviewing old policies to ensure that they still meet your business requirements or help you develop new ones that better suit your needs and goals. Our consultant can train and empower your managers on best practice in HR, review employment material, support restructure and more.
The Importance of HR Policies and Procedures
There are numerous benefits to implementing HR policies in your workplace, we can help you create new policies and modify or refresh outdated policies.
- Your business is growing: If you are starting a business, moving to a larger location or restructuring, a human resources consultant can help you navigate the hiring of new employees and care for your current staff. We can assist with the development of job descriptions, writing offer letters, orientation and more, which leaves you more time to focus on your business growth.
- You need help with your employees: While you may be good at the business and product side of your company, if you struggle with communication and employee relations, HR can help counsel and advise your staff. They can explain policy changes, determine what will make your employees more productive and develop protocols to manage personnel issues.
- You struggle to retain staff: Whether it is a workplace culture issue or a competitive issue that you seem to be losing staff, an HR solution can provide you with organisational development advice. You can make changes to ensure that your staff don’t feel disenfranchised, offer competitive employee benefits that make you stand apart from other businesses and create a loyal and productive workplace environment.
Employment rules such as dress code, work hours, payroll dates and workplace safety are also necessary policies your business should implement.
Common Mistakes People Make with HR Policies
Avoiding these common mistakes can help to minimise workplace issues arising.
- Not keeping a paper trail: Clear and precise HR policies will include the necessary paperwork required for each protocol. Ensuring that you document every aspect of your business from policy changes and personal grievances will protect your company from liability. Digitising files and archiving employee documents is also a beneficial practice.
- Hasty hiring of new employees: Hastily hiring new employees can be an expensive mistake for your company. When you take the time to optimise your hiring process such as job descriptions, interviews and offer letters, you minimise the risk of employing someone that is not right for the position.
- Not putting policies in the employee handbook: Ensure your employees know and understand your policies. By writing your policies and procedures in an employee handbook and distributing it within your organisation, you can reduce the chance of violations.
About Neville Farrelly Employment Solutions
Our highly experienced and qualified consultants provide comprehensive human resource and organisational development services. We will help you find the ideal employment solution for your business and can customise our service to your requirements. Our company can assist in setting you up for a successful future with our manager HR education and training sessions. We can work one-on-one with our clients to provide an effective service with beneficial solutions. Contact us today for a free consultation.