A lack of the following can lead to successfully defending OR successfully taking a Personal Grievance (PG) in New Zealand.
Here are a few of my tips for what you should be looking at:
- Is there signed documentation?
- Application Forms
- Employment Agreements
- Job Descriptions
- Employee Handbook
2. Are Policies in place?
- Do you have an original or copy of these?
- Have they been updated and are you aware of the updates?
- Are the policies up to date with legislation?
3. Have documented processes been followed?
- Hiring processes
- Investigation processes
- Disciplinary processes
- Life cycle processes
- Performance Improvement processes
- Document review processes
4. Have records been kept?
- Training records
- Pay records
- Leave records
- Meeting records
This is not an exhaustive list, rather some of the basic documentation you will need depending on the type of PG you are defending or taking.